(*Very good blog that I found online…)smk
Doug Yurchey – 2005
And I will raise up for them a plant of renown, and they shall be no more consumed with hunger in the land, nor the disgrace of nations more. – Ezekiel 34:29 – Study of the Geneva Bible (AD 1599)
Exactly where did the word "marijuana" come? In the mid-1930s, the M-word was created to tarnish the good image and phenomenal history of the hemp plant … as be read. The facts cited here, with references, are generally verifiable in the Encyclopedia Britannica which was printed on hemp paper for 150 years
* All the books were made of hemp or flax paper until the 1880s; Hemp Paper Reconsidered, Jack Frazier, 1974.
* It was legal to pay taxes with hemp in the United States from 1631 until the early 1800s, LA Times, August 12, 1981.
* REFUSING A grow hemp in America during the 17th and 18th centuries was against the law! You could be jailed in Virginia for refusing to grow hemp from 1763 to 1769; Hemp in Colonial Virginia, GM Herndon.
* George Washington, Thomas Jefferson and other founding fathers GREW hemp Washington and Jefferson Diaries. Jefferson smuggled hemp seeds from China to France then to America.
* Benjamin Franklin owned one of the mills for the first time in America and processing hemp. Moreover, the war of 1812 was fought over hemp. Napoleon wanted to cut exports to Russia from England, the emperor has no clothing, Jack Herer.
* For thousands of years, 90% of all ships sails and ropes were made of hemp. The word Canvas is Dutch for hemp Webster New World Dictionary.
* 80% of all textiles, fabrics, clothing, bedding, curtains, bedding, etc were made of hemp until the 1820s with the introduction of the cotton gin.
* The first Bibles, maps, charts, Betsy Ross flag, the first draft of the Declaration of Independence and Constitution were made from hemp; U.S. Government Archives.
* The first crop grown in many states was hemp. 1850 was a year of peak production of 40,000 tons of Kentucky. Hemp was the largest cash crop until the 20th century, the State Archives.
* The earliest known records of hemp farming go back 5000 years in China, although hemp industrialization probably goes back to the old Egypt.
* Rembrandt, Gainsborough, Van Gogh as well as most early canvas were painted mainly in hemp clothing.
* In 1916, the U.S. Government expected that by the 1940s all paper would come from hemp and that no more trees should be felled. Government studies report that 1 acre of hemp equals 4.1 acres of trees. The plans were in the works to implement such programs, the Department Agriculture
* Quality paints and varnishes were made from hemp seed oil until 1937. 58,000 tons of hemp seeds were used in the United States for paint products in 1935, Sherman Williams Paint Co. testimony before Congress against the 1937 Marijuana Tax Act.
* Henry Ford’s first Model T was built to run on hemp gasoline and the CAR WENT typology of hemp! In his large estate, Ford was photographed among his hemp fields. The car, ‘grown from the earth, "had hemp plastic panels whose impact strength was 10 times stronger than steel; Popular Mechanics, 1941.
* Hemp called ‘Billion Dollar Crop. Was the first time a cash crop had a higher potential business to one thousand million dollars, Popular Mechanics, February 1938.
Mechanical Engineering Magazine (Feb. 1938) published an article titled "the most profitable and desirable crop that can be grown. He stated that if hemp was cultivated with twentieth century technology, would be the largest agricultural crop largest in the U.S. and the rest of the world.
The following information comes directly from the United States Department of Agriculture, 1942, the 14-minute film encouraging and instructing ‘patriotic American farmers to grow 350,000 acres of hemp per year for the war effort:
When temples’…() Greeks were new, hemp was already old in the service of humanity. For thousands of years, even then, this plant has been cultivated for rope and cloth from China and other Discover East. For centuries before 1850, all ships that sailed the western seas were rigged with hempen rope and sails. For the sailor, no less than hangman, hemp was indispensable …
… Now with Philippine and East Indian sources of hemp in the hands of the Japanese … Hemp U.S. must meet the needs of our Army and Navy, as well as of our industries …
… Marine reserves dwindling rapidly. When that is gone, American hemp go to work again, hemp for mooring ships; hemp for tow lines, hemp for front and arts; hemp for countless naval uses both on ship and shore. As in the days when Old Ironsides sailed the seas with his victory hemp shrouds and the sails of hemp. Hemp for victory! "
Certificate of proof from the Library of Congress, found by the investigation of Jack Herer, refuting claims by government agencies that the 1942 USDA film Hemp for Victory "does not exist.
The hemp cultivation and production do not harm the environment. The USDA Bulletin # 404 concluded that hemp produces Four times as much pulp with at least 4-7 times less pollution.
From Popular Mechanics, February 1938
"It a short growing season … It can be grown in any state … The long roots penetrate and break the soil to leave it in perfect condition for the year’s harvest next. The dense shock of leaves, 8 to 12 feet above the ground, chokes out weeds.
… Hemp, this new crop can add immeasurably to agriculture U.S. and industry. "
In the 1930s, innovations in farm machinery would have caused an industrial revolution when applied hemp. This resource alone could have created millions of new jobs generating thousands of quality products. Hemp, if not outlawed, it would United States brought the Great Depression.
William Randolph Hearst (Citizen Kane) and the Hearst Paper Manufacturing Division of Kimberly Clark owned vast extension of timber. The Hearst Company supplied most paper products. Patty Hearst’s grandfather, a destroyer of nature for personal benefit stood to lose billions because of hemp.
In 1937, Dupont patented the process for making plastics from oil and coal. Dupont Annual Report urged stockholders to invest in its new petrochemical division. Synthetics such as plastics, cellophane, celluloid, methanol, nylon, rayon, Dacron, etc., could now be made from oil. Natural hemp industrialization would have ruined over 80% of Dupont’s business.
Andrew Mellon became Hoover’s Secretary of the Treasury and Dupont’s primary investor. He appointed his future nephew-in-law, Harry J. Anslinger, head of the Federal Bureau of Narcotics and Dangerous Drugs.
secret meetings were held by these financial tycoons. Hemp was declared dangerous and a threat to their companies millions of dollars. For their dynasties to remain intact, hemp had to go. These men took an obscure word Mexican slang: "Marijuana" and pushed him into the consciousness of America.
A bombardment of the media "yellow journalism" ravages in the 1920s and 1930s. Hearst newspapers published stories emphasizing the horrors of marijuana. The menace of marihuana made headlines. Readers learned that he was responsible for everything from car accidents to loose morals.
Movies like ‘Reefer Madness’ (1936),’ Marihuana: Assassin of Youth "(1935) and ‘Marihuana: The Devil’s Weed’ (1936) were propaganda designed by these industrialists to create an enemy. His goal was to win public support for laws against marijuana could be approved.
Examine The following quotes from ‘aka The Burning Question’ Reefer Madness:
* A violent narcotic.
* The terrible violence.
* Incurable insanity.
* Alma destructive effects.
* Under the influence of the drug that killed his entire family with an ax.
* More cruel, more deadly even than these drugs that destroy the soul (heroin, cocaine,) is the menace of marihuana!
Reefer Madness did not end with the usual ‘the end’. The film concludes with these words plastered on the screen: TELL YOUR CHILDREN.
In the 1930s, people were very naive, and even to the point of ignorance. The masses were like sheep waiting to be led by the few in power. Do not challenge authority. If the news was in print or on the radio, they believed it had to be true. They told their children and their children grew up to be the parents of the baby-boomers.
On April 14, 1937, the Marijuana Tax Act prohibitive or the bill that hemp outlaw is submitted directly to the Means of the House and the Media Commission. This committee is the only one who can introduce a bill to the full House without it being debated by other committees. The Chairman of the Ways and Means, Robert Doughton, was a Dupont supporter. He said the bill approved by Congress.
Dr. James Woodward, a physician and attorney, testified too late on behalf of the American Medical Association. He told the committee that the reason the AMA had not denounced the Marihuana Tax Act was soon that the Association had just discovered that marihuana was / is hemp.
Few people, at the time, realized that the deadly threat that had been reading about on Hearst’s front pages was in fact passive hemp. The AMA understands hemp to be a MEDICINE found in numerous healing products sold over the last hundred years.
In September 1937, hemp became illegal. The crop was useful known a drug and our planet has been suffering ever since.
Congress banned hemp as it said it was the drug most known cause violence. Anslinger, head of the Drug Commission for 31 years, promoted the idea that marijuana makes users act of extreme violence. In the 1950s, under the Communist threat of McCarthyism, Anslinger now said the exact opposite. Marijuana will pacify you so much that soldiers not want to fight.
Today, our planet is in deep trouble. The Earth is suffocating as large tracts of tropical forests disappear. Pollution, poisons and chemicals are killing people. These great problems could be reversed if industrial hemp. Natural biomass could provide all the planet’s energy needs are currently supplied from fossil fuels. We have consumed 80% of our oil and gas. We need a renewable resource. Hemp can be the solution to high gasoline prices.
THE WONDER PLANT
Hemp is a fiber of higher quality than wood fiber. Far fewer caustic chemicals are required to make paper from hemp than from trees. hemp paper turn yellow and is very durable. The plant grows quickly to maturity in a season where trees take a lifetime.
ALL PLASTIC PRODUCTS should be made from hemp seed OIL. Hemp plastic is biodegradable! Over time, they would break down and not harm the environment. Plastics based on oil, we are very familiar with, help ruin nature but do not break down and do a great harm in the future. The process to produce the wide range natural resources (hemp) plastics will not ruin the rivers as Dupont and other petrochemical companies have done. Ecology does not fit into the plans of industry machine oil and politics. Hemp products are safe and natural.
Drugs must be made from hemp. We must return to the days that the AMA supported hemp cures. ‘Medical Marijuana advance out legally to only a handful of people, while the rest of us is required a system that relies on chemicals. Hemp is only healthy for the human body.
Hunger in the world could end. A wide variety of products Food can be generated from hemp. The seeds contain one of the major sources of protein in nature. ALSO: They have two essential fatty acids to cleanse your body of cholesterol. These essential fatty acids are found nowhere else in nature! The consumption of hemp seeds is the best we could do for your body. Eat uncooked hemp seeds.
Clothing should be made from hemp. Hemp clothing is extremely strong and durable in time. You could hand clothing, made from hemp, even their grandchildren. Today there are American companies that make hemp clothing, usually 50% hemp. Hemp fabrics should be everywhere. On the contrary, they are almost underground. Superior products hemp is not allowed to advertise on fascist television. Kentucky, once the top hemp producing state, made it illegal WEAR hemp clothing! Can you imagine being thrown into jail for wearing trousers quality jeans?
The world is crazy … but that does not mean you have to join the madness. Being together. Spread the news. Tell people, and that includes its children, really. Use hemp products. Delete the word "marijuana." Realize the history that created it. Make it politically incorrect to say or print the M-word. Countering propaganda (to favor the agenda of the super rich) and shit. Hemp should be used in the future. We need an energy source clean to save our planet. INDUSTRIALIZE HEMP!
The liquor, snuff and oil companies fund more than a million dollars day to Partnership for a Drug-Free America and other similar bodies. We have all seen their commercials. Now, their motto is: "It is more dangerous than we thought." The lies of the powerful corporations, that began with Hearst, are still alive and well today.
The brainwashing continues. Now, commercial say: If you buy a joint, you contribute to murders and gang wars. The most recent ads against hemp say: If you buy one … you are jointly promoting TERRORISM! The new enemy (terrorism) has paved the way to brainwash any way they see fit.
There is only one enemy, the "friend" people who pay their taxes to the war makers and destroyers of nature. With its funding, are killing the world right in front of your eyes. Half a million deaths each year are caused by snuff. Half a million deaths each year are caused by alcohol.
Ingesting THC, hemp’s active ingredient, has a positive effect, relieving asthma and glaucoma. A joint tends to relieve nausea caused by chemotherapy. You can eat on hemp. This is a healthy state of being.
The hemp plant is an alien plant. There is no evidence natural hemp is not like any other plant on this planet. One might conclude that it was brought here for the benefit of mankind. Hemp is the only plant where the males appear one way and the females are very different, physically! No one speaks of men and women in regard to the plant kingdom because plants do not show sex, except for hemp. To determine the sex with some normal plant, is earthly: You have to look internally, in their DNA. A male blade of grass (physically) is exactly like a female blade of grass. The hemp plant has an intense sexuality.
Hemp is illegal because it was made and billionaires want to remain millionaires!